Welcome to Total, Committed to better Energy
Total Petroleum Ghana PLC is part of the global Total Group, which is the fourth largest publicly-traded integrated international Oil and Gas Company in the world with presence in over 130 countries.
Total’s operations in Ghana have spanned over 65 years. The Company made its first entry into Ghana as Total Oil Products. Total, since then, has undergone various transformations. Total took over the British Petroleum through Elf Oil and French TotalFinaElf. This was followed by a global merger of Total and Elf; and ultimately the incorporation of Total Petroleum Ghana PLC when Total Outre-Mer acquired Mobil in Ghana. This progression, coupled with great respect for quality, standards, achievements, and safety has propelled the Company to the forefront of the Industry.
Total has a strong brand image in the Ghanaian market. The Company is well represented in all 16 Regions of the country with strategic locations in major cities and towns.
Total Petroleum Ghana PLC has large network coverage of 254 service stations in Ghana. Our range of services cuts across the Aviation, Bitumen, and Mining industries, besides the Manufacturing and Roads Sectors.
Total Petroleum Ghana PLC has also remained at the forefront of several innovations, which have been largely driven by the dynamic trends of the consuming public. For over 12 years running and until recently, Total Petroleum Ghana PLC was the only Oil Marketing Company with an electronic card payment system in Ghana. The electronic card, Total Card, continues to enjoy widespread demand from many major companies in Ghana for its security, flexibility and the convenience it affords the user.
Recognizing the growth in the fleet of high-performance vehicles in Ghana, Total Petroleum Ghana PLC introduced onto the market the high-performance fuels, Total Excellium Super, Total Excellium Super 95 and Total Excellium Diesel, guaranteed to ensure a smooth ride. The Total Quartz 4X4 and Total INEO lubricants were also launched in response to the high demand and technological trends.
We are the first Oil Marketing Company (OMC) to be ISO 9001:2015 certified in Ghana and have initiated a comprehensive investment program, which not only responds to customer needs but is also ECO-friendly and gives priority to customer comfort and safety.
We bring to our customers the latest world trends in service station design. This new international identity is hinged around a set of standards that harmonize the look of our service stations all over the world, yet adapting to needs that are specific to each site. Our latest design is a resolutely lighter and contemporary image with installations that are more energy-efficient and sales outlets that are more discreet, blending harmoniously into our environment.
Some of the renovated service stations have additional state of the art lube bays and car wash centers. Food Corners have been introduced at some of the refurbished stations. For example, Chicken Inn, Vida é Café, Pharmacy, Vulco Tyre Service and ATM at Pig farm station, Pizza Hut at the Hospital Road station, and the new Sesna's eatery and Vegetable stall at the Liberation Road station. With these renovations, Total service stations are multi-purpose destination points for individual customers and families
The purpose of Total Petroleum Ghana PLC is to market quality petroleum products and serve its customers responsibly and profitably in an innovative way to ensure that the public continues to turn to Total.
- To be the number 1 with customer service
- To develop talent through diversity
- To have a sustainable shareholder value
- To be a good corporate citizen
Our Key Strengths
- A solid share price on the stock market;
- Competent, skilled, professional, experienced & culturally diverse staff;
- High performance and reliable lubricants backed by Total's local technical expertise;
- A large service station network coverage in Ghana with strategic locations in cities and towns;
- “Simple, Smart and Secure” fuel card (Total card) accepted in all Total stations countrywide;
- Capacity to install and maintain equipment at customer sites;
- We provide a wide variety of knowledge-based solutions on road transport;
- We have a state-of-the-art laboratory in Tarkwa, the third largest ANAC after Belgium and Singapore;
- Recognition from institutions such as the Chartered institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG), Ghana Club 100, and the prestigious Ashanti Business Excellence.